Monday 5 May 2014

Sphinx - Development

Makeup:

I have had a range of ideas in creating the creature, Sphinx. Not only is there a Greek Shinx, but the Sphinx was also very popular in Egypt too. Whilst researching, I have been avoiding any links to the ancient Egyptians, to ensure that I get the correct Greek concept across.

Whilst researching into this creature, I came across this image.It gave me some ideas of what a contemporary Sphinx may appear to be.
I decided to do my own vesion of this design..

Makeup design 1

After testing the makeup, I feel that this look is more for an Egyptian Sphinx than a Greek Sphinx. I don't want to get them confused for ther reader so will test a different design
Makeup design 2

I feel that this look is too 'safe' for the Sphinx and I would like to push it further.

Final makeup design
After extending the brows and a sharper contour, I am happy to go ahead with this look for the shoot.
Hair:

For this shoot, I would like to choose a model witgh red hair in order to bring the lion features across. I would like to style it in the form of a lions mane.

To create this style, I will crimp all of the hair and backcomb it. I will then fold the tips of the hair back in order to create a mane shape style. I will also add a gold plaited piece of string to wrasp around the front of the hair line.    

Styling:

I will wrap a piece of faux fur around the model, to give off the lion feature in the Sphinx.

Faux Fur in brown
Gold plaited string for hair line
I will have the model wear this necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment