Monday 5 May 2014

Minotaur - Development

Hair:

I chose to go ahead with recreating a contemporary version of the Minotaur as I have a strong idea for the hair. I would like to create horns using the hair itself.







After looking into different shapes and styles that other hair stylists have designed, I have created my own design.


I want the horns to disperse from the side of the head so that I can wrap as much natural hair around the hair piece as I can. This will keep the horn looking as real as possible. What is left over at the end, I will cover with hair extensions of a matching colour.

This is how I will create the horn. After testing some other ways of creating the horn, I have found that they need to be as light as possible. Using paper cups, foil and wire is the lightest I can make them.

How I will attach the horn..

Makeup:

For the makeup design, I have decided to go with something simple but very bronzed. This is due to having over the top hair. I don't want to over-exagerate the makeup and take away the "wow-factor" from the hair design as It will look too much.

I will simply use natural makeup, but strongly contour with a bright bronzer and shimmer powder.

Final Design

Makeup testing
Styling:

Since the makeup is very natural with over-exagerated hair, I want the model to look as though she is naked. I feel that since the Minotaur is an animalistic creature, it would look odd if she was to wear clothing.

Photography:

I will ensure to capture head shots, head and shoulder shots, close-ups and half face shots. I would like the images to be mainly landscape layout, due to the horns fitting into the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment