Monday 24 March 2014

Siren - Development

Since the Siren's are beautiful, yet luring creatures with bird-like features, I would like to create a natural image showing the bird features through styling.



Miranda Kerr - Victoria Secret fashion show
 


Makeup:

I would like to create quite an elaborate design on the eye in order for the viewer to really feel the creatures persona.

In the first design I created, I applied colour to the eyelids. I also added black eyeliner onto one eye to see how it would appear. As much as I like the design, I don't think it would be appropiate for the type of dark bird that is known in Greek mythology.
For this design, I made the eyes darker, but used gold to help create the seductive look. I have applied both a black and gold line onto the lids, in which i wasn't sure about.
This is my final design sheet. I have chosen to go for dark eyes with gold as a harsher highlighter. I want to fill the eyebrows in with a dark colour and ensure they are arched a lot.
Hair:

To stick with the bird theme, I would like to brush the models hair back to show a sleek look. Birds are streamlined creatures, so I also want this to come across in the overall outcome.

Styling:

Stylist: Alexia Serghiou

I asked a stylist to help me create a bird-like outfit for the model to wear. We came up with the idea of covering a bra with feathers and making hand pieces for the model.

Here is an image of the styling altogether. I decided to go against the head piece as I felt it was too over top.
The bra covered in feathers.
The two hand pieces. I can wrap them round the models wrist easily and use a bobby pin to hold.
Here is one of the hand pieces already set up for the model to wear.
Photography Style:

I would like to keep the photography style the same as 'Echidna' and to be shot in a studio. This will ensure that the book flows well together. I will also stick with a black back drop to keep it very similar too.

No comments:

Post a Comment