Thursday 13 March 2014

Echidna - Development

Since Echidna is half woman, half snake, I would like to create a contemporary photograph using snake skin effects to show this.

I really like the shape of this design on the models skin

Creating a snake skin look



Makeup:

I would like to create a snake skin effect patched over her body and eyes. I will do this by using fishnet tights and dabbing eyeshadow into the holes.


 

In the image I have painted the lips black, but I feel as though it's too dark. I will paint the lips a strong red colour, adding a bit of black to the inside.

 


When the tights are stretched, you are able to create larger hole prints.


I will keep the eyes 'natural' using only the snake skin print with a thin line of eyeliner on the top lid. I will always paint the snake skin on the arms, chest and belly in order to keep a well maintained look.


Hair:

Since there is so much going on with the makeup and styling, I want to keep the hair very simple. I will style it so that it is down and wavy.

Styling:

I have hand made a strapless bralet for the model to wear. I brought snake skin material, lace and beads and using a sewing machine, attached the material and accessories to a pre-brought bralet.



 


I also created a necklace from the left over beads to stick with the theme.


I will paint the nails using an O.P.I colour called 'Berlin there done that' which is a warm grey colour. I will then go over the nails with a cracked nail varnish effect made by Topshop called 'Chaos Theory'.



Photography Style:

Since Echidna is 'the mother of all monsters', I would like this look to be dark, yet very sexy. Her creature is know to be a beautiful seductive woman from the waist up, so I would like to show this in a contemporary style.



No comments:

Post a Comment