Thursday 6 March 2014

Hades - Development

Makeup Ideas:

Where Hades is the God of the underworld, his character is very dark. You can imagine him to be very aged too, considering he lives in a bad atmosphere.

Before and after shot of aging makeup

Aging makeup design

Aging makeup design 2
Since he is a dark character, I like the idea of giving him dark eyes to show this side of him. It will also help to give an eerie feel to the phortograph.



The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars

The lead band member, Jared Leto, tends to have dark eye makeup throughout this video. I can imagine Hades to have similar makeup, without the black hair!


When researching Hades, there are many personas of him with long hair and a beard. There are also statues and paintings of Hades dating back to this era with him with long hair and a beard. I would like to find a model wityh this type of appearance.

Design 3 - Minor aging makeup with dark eyes. Wearing a hood.
Styling Ideas:

This shoot will consist of photographs taken from the waist up...

Hades commonly covered himself by wrapping material wrapped around him. Applying contemporary fashion to his character, I feel that a smart coat/blazer would work well.

I feel that a grey jacket would make his character look too soft
I prefer the black jacket as the underworld is meant to be a very dark and firey place
Hades is known to have the 'cap of invisibility'. I would like to portray this helmet in a contemporary form. I like the idea of a blazer with a hood to show that he is more casual compared to the other gods.


I like the look of the blazer and hood but feel that this particular jacket is too casual
I feel that this blazer with hood from Zara will be perfect for the shoot. It shows a contemporary style with a dark side

 Hair:

As previously mentioned, I would like a model who has long hair and bearded for this shoot. I feel that this will represent the character nicely. I think it's important for the hair to look wavy and bit scruffy in order to achieve this look.

Brad Pitt
Jared Leto
Johnny Depp
Ozzy Osbourne
Steven Tyler
From the images above, it is evident that long hair has become very popular in the contemporary world among actors and singers.

Location/Lighting:

This photograph will be shot in the studio in order to make the image as dark as possible for the eerie effect. Using a black back drop and the model in black clothing, I will use a soft spot light on the face pointing upwards. The photographer has mentioned using a honeycomb lighting attachment, in which we will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment